Cousins Dental Practice is a family run dental practice. Husband and wife team Jane and Barry have been at this practice since 1996. Recently, Bhavika Parekh and Ketan Panwalkar joined the practice as the new owners and Jane retired from the partnership. Barry continues in role of an associate joined by Bhavika as principal dentist/colleague
Dr Bhavika Parekh
Role: Practice Principal and General Dental Surgeon
Qualifications: BDS, Stat Exam (Eastman, UK)
GDC No: 153663
Role at Cousins Dental practice: Principal Dentist
· Dr Bhavika Parekh qualified as a dentist from India in 2000. After gaining some hands-on experience in oral surgery for a year, she became a practice principal in 2001.
· She played an active role for 5 years treating patients as a principal dentist and successfully managed the administration of an entire team of associate dentist/specialists working with her. She moved to the UK with her husband Dr Ketan Panwalkar in 2006 followed by a career break to spend some time with her new born baby.
· In a few years’ time she gave her statutory exams followed by courses in cosmetic dentistry, Invisalign and SAAD (Society of Advancement of Anaesthesia in Dentistry).
· Simultaneously she worked at various dental practices both private and NHS providing general dental treatments and sedation as an associate dentist.
· Bhavika continues to carry out regular continuing professional development and clinical governance as required for her registration with the General Dental Council.
· Interests: Spending time with her 14-year-old son and with family including her golden retriever Waffles, cooking, travelling, dancing, choreography.
Dr Barry Cousins
Role: General Dental Surgeon
Qualifications - BDS(UCH London) LDS RCS
GDC Registration : 59932
Role at Cousins Dental Practice: Associate Dentist
· Barry Cousins gained his BDS qualification from UCH Dental School London in 1985, having obtained his
LDS RCS England qualification
· After working in Bracknell for 5 years, Jane and Barry moved to practise in Newbury when their son James
· Barry has an interest in all aspects of dentistry, providing a range of treatments for his patients.
· He has run Cousins Dental Practice since 1996 and is the senior most dentist in our team and is loved and
respected immensely by all.
· Barry’s wife Jane has retired as a dentist but Barry would like to continue practising dentistry as an associate
· Barry is a member of Newbury Study Group , meeting monthly to study and discuss new aspects of dentistry.
· Interests- Playing Rugby, working out at the gym and cars.
Dr Ketan Panwalkar
Role: Practice Owner and Dental Sedationist
Qualifications: BDS MDS Stat Exam (UK) PG Cert in sedation and pain management (UCL Eastman)
GDC No: 117013
Role at Cousins Dental Practice: Visiting Dental Sedationist
- Dr Ketan Panwalkar has quite a lot of experience/training with nervous patients. He qualified from India as a dentist in 2000 and thereafter pursued his post graduate training in Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry from Manipal Academy of Higher Education, India. During his 2 year post-qualification study, he regularly was dealing with nervous/medically compromised children and in fact doing their full mouth rehabilitation (in form of restorations/root fillings/crowns) under sedation/general anaesthesia. Post study he practised in India for 3 years doing sedation alongside an anaesthetist and gaining valuable experience/knowledge and expertise in the field.
- Since 2006, Ketan has been in the UK and keeping his interest in the field, did his SAAD (Society for Advancement of Anaesthesia in Dentistry) in 2008-9 training and subsequently completed his 1 year Post Graduate Certificate Course in Dental Sedation and Pain Management from University College London (UCL) in 2010-11.
- Ever since Ketan has been regularly doing sedation on the National Health Service (weekly) and privately visiting dental practices in and around Hampshire since 2012-13. He continually keeps himself abreast of the updates in field of sedation and pain control in dentistry and is accredited on the Wessex Area Team (NHS England) Dentist with Special Interest in sedation list. He has good experience in assisting dentists/endodontists/oral surgeons in their operative procedures in nervous patients by helping them relax.
- Ketan enjoys to visit various dental surgeries to assist dentists with sedation cases
Interests: music (Indian and western classical), finished my Gr1 (ABRSM) piano, voracious reader, love tennis, golf, badminton squash.
Role: Special interest in Oral Surgery, Implantologist
Qualification-BDS FHEA FDSRCSEng MClinDent MSc Edin PGDip
Role at Cousins Dental Practice- Visiting Consultant and Implantologist
· Mo studied and gained his qualifications from the Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine at Cairo University,
Egypt in 2002.
· He continued his postgraduate training at the University or Edinburgh, Newcastle and central Lancashire in the
fields of Oral Surgery, Conscious Sedation and Dental Implantology.
· He worked as a speciality dentist in oral surgery in NHS hospitals since 2009 and as a part time general dentist
with a special interest in oral surgery.
· Mo is a fellow of the Higher education Academy and works as a clinical lecturer participating in the teaching and
training of undergraduate dental students and dental core trainees at the Birmingham School of Dentistry.
· passionate about oral surgery and is dedicated to providing a high level of care and service to each and every
patient tailoring services to their needs and expectations.
· Interests- enjoys wild camping, bush crafting and antique restoration in his free time
· What I love about my work- enjoys treating nervous patients and helping them to overcome their dental fears.